Wednesday, September 19, 2012

First Birthday Party

We had a wonderful gathering of family and friends last weekend to celebrate Elliott's first birthday.  We had extra special visitors for the occasion - Elliott's Grandma Sue, Grandpa Brad, and Cousin Hayden came all the way from Colorado (more pics of them in the next post from the weekend).

Coco's artwork in the driveway


My parents graciously allowed us to host the party at their house (dubbed my party house now - this isn't the first time).  They also stopped for the day-of grocery run, including the balloons.  Humphrey, the dog, was with them and they rightly didn't think he would do well in the back with the balloons.  So my mom sat in the back with all the balloons.  Pretty entertaining!


Coco and Poppy had some special gifts for Elliott, including his new suitcase.  He took the card and brought it over to me.


The primary contents of the suitcase - his new wheely bug.  It's a bull, but looks more like a dairy cow with horns.  He loves it!


All three of us in the same picture!  We got a few that day.


Checking out a new game


All ready with Holly's handmade "Happy Birthday" banner


The first guests arrive, Leigh and Colton (and Jason, behind the camera).  Thanks for taking pictures, Jason!


Great shot of my boys


This is my new favorite picture.  I have it set on the home screen of my phone.  Every time I look at it I say (sometimes out loud), "wow, I love that kid!"


Another family shot


We had a great casual gathering.  The kids loved the sidewalk chalk, though Elliott was most interested in eating it.


Little people fun


Awesome shot of Ned and Danielle


First Elisa spotted Tucker. Then Tucker saw those dimples.


And it was love.  He kept kissing her.  So cute!


Coco and Elliott


Poppy and Grandpa Brad


Some of my great friends who helped us celebrate


Busy, busy boy


Inside, but still together


Huge thank you to Holly for making AMAZING cupcakes.  She had the genius idea of doing cupcake decorating as an activity for the older kids.  They loved it!


The Mayer girls at work decorating


Elliott's 1st cupcake.  Hello and welcome to the world of refined sugar.


He lit up when everyone started singing.


Then he noticed Jesse and me


And then he noticed the fire.  Jesse blew out the candle just before Elliott reached for it.


Unsure at first


What is this white stuff?  A little piece of heaven, if you ask me.


Now he has the right idea . . . 


Well on his way to making a mess


And the best of about 15 attempts to get a picture of Elliott and his two red-headed cousins, Hayden and Ned.


Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including us -- we had a great time! Holly's banner was perfect -- so awesome she made it! I took the easy route and ordered from etsy. :)

    ReplyDelete