Thursday, September 5, 2013

End of August Fun

After keeping my camera attached to my arm for our trip to Maine, I came home and promptly ignored it for a couple of weeks. I occasionally took a snapshot or two with the nice camera and a few with my phone but not too many. But, that doesn't mean we didn't have fun! The highlight of the last two weeks was Jesse coming home. Elliott and I are delighted to have him back home and here for the foreseeable future while we expand our family!

We visited the Buffalo Zoo with my friend and former coworker, Liz, and her three kids. They all enjoyed riding on the train.



Choo choo! 

Elliott and I are still talking about the animals we saw at the zoo and what they were doing.
Ruby the cow made a funny noise (she mooed very close to Elliott's face).
The donkey made a funny noise, too.
The baby gorilla fell down. This is a bit of a misnomer. Elliott fell down when the baby gorilla jumped up against the glass and scared him.
Zebra, where are you? They were inside while their enclosure was being cleaned.
Elephant was eating the hay.
Tiger was taking a nap.
Lion was sitting on a rock.
Giraffe has a long neck.

We had a few dinner guests in late August. Steve (aka Uncle Esteban) came over for dinner with my parents one night. Steve has a grandson, Rue, who is just older than Elliott but lives in California. Steve gets a local grandfather fix of the same age from Elliott.


A natural grandfather, he sat right down with Elliott to read books while they each enjoyed their beverages.


The day Jesse arrived home, we spent time with the Ortmans. The boys reading . . . 


That evening, Holly ran a 5K while Mike and I wrangled Ned, Elliott, and Penny. Elliott sat briefly on the back of Ned's tricycle before Ned "suggested" he go elsewhere. We went straight from the race to the airport to get Jesse. I wish I could have taken a picture of the reunion but I opted to fully participate instead. There is nothing better than the look of joy on Jesse's and Elliott's faces when they saw each other at the airport. [I'm blaming the pregnancy hormones on the tears I have in my eyes as I write this!]


On Jesse's first weekend home, we joined the Ortmans, Rugnettas, and Auerbachs for Indian night in the Ortmans' backyard. The Rugnettas will be moving to India in early 2014 for two years. This is a great group of friends and we're looking forward to many more adventures together. Holly purchased a few children's' books about India and lead story time. 


Penny ended up with another of Dutch's toys.


Kids (minus Luca) glued to the monkey story.


Last week, Elliott and I went over to visit Leigh, Colton, and Hollyn for a playdate. The boys had fun playing outside for a while but then we went inside since it was too hot for this pregnant mama!


Elliott practicing his big brother skills with beautiful Hollyn.


The Mayers came over for dinner late last week. It feels like we see them frequently and not enough, all at the same time. After dinner, the dads corralled the kids and read stories while Leah and I cleaned (chatted/rested) in the kitchen with baby Lincoln.


Jesse and Elliott reading Thomas.


Garrett and Levi reading more Thomas.


Tucker enjoying his popsicle. 


Tuck posing for the camera. This one is a keeper!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment