Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Day

Christmas morning didn't get off quite the way we thought it would. Jesse and Cale woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug or food poisoning - either way, not pleasant for either of them. Elliott woke up pretty late since he was still recovering from his sickness. When he wakes up late, he is usually "hangry." Hungry + Angry = Hangry. He get that from his mama. So, seeing the tree surrounded by presents was a bit anticlimactic. Here is the big reveal.


After crying for a bit at the end of that movie, he wanted to sit with Jesse and read one of his regular books. And then eat breakfast. I never remember insisting on reading an old book and eating breakfast before opening gifts on Christmas morning. I have a feeling future years will be a bit different! After breakfast, he was really excited to see what Santa had brought for him. I got some pictures but tried to put the camera down and be more present.

His new backpack. He wears it around the house all the time. It's awesome.


What did Grandpa Nick send?


A ride-on Thomas!


That's a happy boy.


Lucy opening a present with help from Aunt Kendra.


Happy Christmas Girl. This is the same outfit that Elliott wore on his first Christmas. Thanks, Louise, for my kids' cute Christmas outfit!


Elliott wanted to play with each toy he opened. This is a construction vehicle puzzle from Grandma Sue and Grandpa Brad.


This helpful boy brought me my nursing pillow so I could feed Lucy.


Reading one of his new books. Gift opening took quite a while at this pace.


That evening, we had a very informal Christmas dinner at our house with our family, Cale & Kendra, my parents, Ted (Jen was working), Claire & Penelope, Steve, and even a visit from my cousin Andrew and his wife Cara who were visiting from DC. I love having people over so this was a treat for me.

Getting supplies from the basement (diapers, it appears).


My little helper.


Lucy got a beautiful new Christmas outfit from Coco and Poppy!


Elliott is testing out Lucy's new chair. Penelope is warming up the matching one Elliott received a year or two ago.


Lucy's first time in her new chair. Mama, I tipped over!


Our beautiful kiddos.


Elliott talking to Lucy about something very important.


There is a good one! Little Lucy in her Christmas dress and her Christmas chair!


Kendra and I (mostly Kendra) tested out the silicone train cake mold that Elliott insisted we buy during a recent trip to Joann Fabrics. We dusted it with "snow." It looked great!


And tasted even better. Elliott was a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment