Sunday, April 15, 2012

Carrots!

Another week, another illness.  Elliott's eyes got very goopy late last week - the telltale sign of pinkeye.  He had all the other symptoms and our doctor's office helped us diagnose it.  The best part - I had it too.  Fortunately mine just looked like I'd had a few too many late nights and wasn't too uncomfortable.  We're both doing much better now and hoping we are healthy this week!

We had a nice Sunday of relaxing and crafting (I know. Emily? Crafting? I'll get to that later.).  I've been very sleep deprived lately due to a hectic 22 hour day for work travel on Thursday and Elliott's very fussy night on Friday.  My dad came over on Saturday to watch Elliott so I could rest and catch up around the house.  My wonderful parents insisted I sleep at their house last night so my mom could watch Elliott.  Aside from feeding him a couple of times, I slept from 11 until 9:15!!  It was amazing.  I went downstairs after I woke up and asked my mom where Elliott was.  The response: "he's napping.  Would you like eggs and bacon?"  I might never leave.

I've never been one for crafts.  My mom and sister can knit, sew, smock, cook five star meals, etc.  You name it, they can do it.  And do it really well.  My mom doesn't just knit.  She does everything but shear the sheep.  She can take a raw fleece, clean it, card it, dye it, spin it, and knit it into a beautiful sweater.  That's talent.  Me, on the other hand, not so much.  But then I found Pinterest.  Two weeks on Pinterest and I found myself in the rows at JoAnn Fabric plotting a year's worth of projects.  I'm trying to do one thing at a time and not start too many without being able to finish them.  I've decided I want to learn to sew.  Holly made me a lovely infinity scarf a few weeks ago and thought it would be the perfect first project.  Since we never go half way on anything (in theory, anyway), we set out to make a ton of them today!  And, we almost finished one.  That gets us to pictures . . .

Danielle came over to visit us during crafty time.  She propped Elliott up on the exercise ball for some bouncing.



He thought it was great!  


Elliott tried a new food tonight.  Carrots!  He loved them.  No funny faces for carrots!


Trying to figure it out.


More, Mama.  More!


My happy boy.  I love him so!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment