Monday, August 11, 2014

Danielle's Birthday Dinner

We had the Donlans and the Smiths over at the end of June to celebrate Danielle's birthday. It was a lovely summer evening with great friends. I finally found my camera cord and was able to get the pictures onto my computer.

It's not easy to get these three to sit still these days!


Elliott and Colton were bouncing off the walls, couches, and each other.


Lucy and Emma, deep in conversation.


Six great friends.


I love Lucy's face and clapping in this shot.


We had a few minutes outside before the mosquitoes took hold.


Emma, I must touch your cheek.


I think this was more of an affectionate grasp than a choke hold. But, it could have been that, too.


Sweet Emma. The only kid who actually sits still and therefore makes the rest of us jealous.


Elliott gave Emma some love.


Hollyn is so grown up! This was just shy of her first birthday. She seems to be judging the grass.


Look, Mama! I found a rock!


I'm going to eat it now.


I ate it!
(I took a quick picture before removing it from her mouth.)


Elliott had so much fun in the sandbox at Grandma Sue's house that Jesse built one at home. It was heavily used for a few days but now Elliott does not want to go out there because he fears the mosquitoes. So, he plays in a wheelbarrow of sand in the garage. It seems we could have purchased a wheelbarrow full of sand and called it a day. But, the sandbox is lovely and will certainly be used in the future.


1 comment:

  1. I love all of these -- I think this also means we need to get together again before we blink and summer is behind us!

    ReplyDelete