Thursday, November 20, 2014

Eternal Flame

Jesse and I did a ton of outdoor work at the end of September. Poppy watched the kids a couple of times while we worked.
Poppy and Lucy!


My workout for several days. Pushing this through the woods and up a slight hill to Jesse and the splitter.


Lucy and Emma were sharing Cheerios, talking, and holding hands after music class one morning.


We took a family hike to the Eternal Flame one Saturday morning.


There it is! Methane gas releases from shale at this location. It is usually burning but can be relit when it goes out.


The best of the family pictures. I'm hoping we make it back here in the winter.


Lucy loves the Cozy Coupe. Her outfit even matched the car that day.


All dressed up for Barrett and Cindy's wedding.


The end result of lots of cutting and splitting. Jesse did 99% of this and I'm grateful for it as I sit my a warm fire in 20 degree weather.


We had some interesting visitors during one of our "extreme gardening" days. Jesse said, "turn around, wife." I turned to see two pigs just below me. What?! I'm so happy Jesse was there. I would have run to the house and hid, unaware of how to interact with pigs. Jesse knew our neighbor had pet pigs and handled the situation calmly by walking them back home.


Dutch was not a fan. Look at the hair standing up on his back!



No comments:

Post a Comment