Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things To Be Thankful For

Today is that special day of the year when we reflect on our lives, give thanks for what we have, and recognize those less fortunate.  I am a lucky girl.  I have many, many things to be thankful for.  In no particular order, I am thankful for:

A cozy place to call home (it has a long way to go but it is home).
Wonderful friends - new friends, old friends, near and far.
Cell phones, email, skype, and this blog for allowing us to keep in touch with those who don't live nearby.
Airplanes for letting us go visit those dear to us but far from us.
A 50 degree Thanksgiving Day - but I do want snow this year!
My health.  At 30, I feel healthier and more fit than I did at 29 and certainly than at 20.
The health of my family and friends.
Five cancer-free years for my Dad.
My immediate family for loving me unconditionally (I hope!).
My siblings for actually being my friends and especially my sister for talking to me on the phone everyday on my way to work.
My extended family for always being supportive of one another and for making family gathering events to look forward to.
Jesse's family for welcoming me with open arms.
My wonderful red-headed nephews and my soon to be niece or nephew who will arrive in a few weeks.
My wonderful husband for making me feel warm, fuzzy, and loved.  And for putting Elliott down for a nap when I fail.
Elliott for making me what I always wanted to be, a mom, and what Jesse and I wanted to have together, a family.  He brings me more joy than I knew possible and each day just keeps getting better.

My little copilot on my run this morning.  I am thankful for those cheeks!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment