Thursday, January 3, 2013

Elliott's New Year's Resolution

I was really hoping that Elliott's resolution for 2013 would be to sleep in.  Those hopes were dashed before 6 am on January 1st.  Apparently he did not get the memo that his parents stayed up far too late.  Ironically, he did sleep later on the 2nd and 3rd, when I had to get up early to go to work.

It seems Elliott's resolution is to help us do the dishes every night.  He likes standing in his helper tower next to the sink.  He's very "helpful," and by helpful I mean playing with the clean dishes so we get to wash them again.  It's a small price to pay for seeing the joy on his face.


He loves putting the tops on bottles.  He always picks the correct top for each bottle.  Very clever!


Happy boy!


Daddy's helper


Busy, busy


My goal for 2013 is this:


I saw this posted on a friend's facebook page and it hit home.  Our society seems to place value on being busy.  Busy people are successful.  If you aren't busy, you're lazy.  I choose to disagree.  My joy comes from spending time with those I love, cultivating my skills and interests, keeping my body healthy, cooking as a way of providing for those I hold dear, among other things.  So, this year, I am making a concerted effort to spend more time doing these things that fulfill me and less time being busy for the sake of being busy.  At the top of the list is more time with Elliott, Jesse, my family, and friends.  Looking forward to a great 2013!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment