Monday, October 7, 2013

Lucy's First Week

Lucy is officially part of the blog title! "Elliott's World" is now "The Adventures of Elliott and Lucy." And I have some catching up to do. Life with two is busy! Or life with a newborn is busy. My days consist of nursing, laundry, nursing, cooking, nursing, playing with Elliott, nursing, and holding beautiful Lucy. It does not leave much time for blogging. This evening is special. It is 8:30 pm and both kids are in bed. Victory!

The past three weeks have been amazing, emotional, and exhausting. I am completely obsessed with our family. I look at these two beautiful kids, my wonderful husband, and our goofy puppy and my heart swells with joy. I've struggled more physically with the postpartum period this time due to back pain. I had a breakthrough session with the chiropractor today so I'm hoping I have turned the corner on that issue. Lucy is a great sleeper by newborn standards but of course we are still up with her during the night.

Now for pictures. I'm catching up with Lucy's first week. Here are some pictures from the hospital just before she was discharged. Lucy's bed was right next to a huge window that made for beautiful light for our beautiful girl.



It never ceases to amaze me that (most) babies come out with ten fingers and ten toes. Perfect little fingers.


Tiny little feet.


More of the tiny fingers.


All dressed and ready to meet the world.


But a little skeptical of it all.


Elliott had a few wonderful birthday presents to open up when he came back home from his extended stay at Coco and Poppy's house. Aunt Jenny White sent these awesome cars from California. Elliott loves them. He tried to take them to bed and then to school the next day.


We successfully convinced him to leave the cars downstairs when he went to bed. This is how he parked them - wheels up. He says, "cars taking a nap." He makes me smile.


Lucy at six days old.


Today is an exciting day. Our friends Danielle and Brendan welcomed their baby girl, Emma Elizabeth Donlan, early this morning. She arrived 11 days before her due date, surprising everyone. Elliott and Lucy are so excited to have a new friend! Welcome, Emma!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment