Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mumford Harvest Festival and Baby in a Bucket!

When I was little, we would often go to this magical place called Mumford. Until recently, I did not know if it was a town, or an attraction, or what it really was. It was an ode to days past. There were sheep shearing competitions, iron pots over open fires, and lots of animals. As many of you know, my mom has many, many talents including spinning, knitting, baking bread, making jam, making soap, and teaching about all of the above. Mumford was a place for all of these things. I vividly recall my entire family going there when I was little and leaving me at home alone with the chicken pox. My parents assure me that I was not alone but in the loving care of Great Aunt Pauline. I guess I believe them.

A couple of weeks ago, my dad suggested we take Ned and Elliott to Mumford. So, I finally know what it actually is. Mumford is a town south of Rochester that is home to the Genesee Country Village and Museum. We went down for their Harvest Festival. I had my hands full (and was nursing my very achy back) so I didn't get too many pictures but here are a few.

Elliott has been excited about horses for a while but tentative at the same time. He is not shy anymore! He was petting this huge Belgian draft horse that I was looking up to. For those who speak horse, he was around 18 hands.



Holly juggling Penny and Lucy. Oh, the love!


It was a great space for the boys to run around.


Petting the horse with Poppy.


I attempted to get a few pictures with both kids but was trying to keep an eye on the wee horse at the same time.


They were very friendly.


I missed taking pictures of Lucy's first bath but caught bath #2. Baby in a bucket!


Elliott loves watching her bathtime. Rather than have him climb up the chair we put her bucket on, we bring his chair over and strap him in. (Note that Elliott has moved out of his highchair and into a big chair!)


Clean Lucy in her cute towel from the Donlans. Thank you, Donlans!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment