Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best Weekend Ever - Part 2

Our wonderful weekend was full of festivities.  On Friday night, we attended the Riedel wine tasting to benefit Hauptman Woodward Institute, where I serve on the board of directors.  I was the co-chair of this wonderful event for the second time but this was the first time I could actually attend.  It was so great that Jesse made it home in time so he could partake in the fun (and provide moral support when I provided opening remarks to 400+ people).

Sibs!


Our table for the night at the dinner after the tasting.


Jill, the wonderful event coordinator for HWI, arranged for a "happy birthday" and a cake after dinner.


I had a hunch over the past few weeks that something was in the works for my birthday.  Actually, it was more than a hunch.  I was told, "something is happening, stop asking questions."  When my mom insisted on buying this dress for me, I figured it was for my birthday, and the wedding in June that was the cover story for the surprise.  I was told to be ready to leave our house at 5:30.  We drove over to my parents' house and there were balloons on the mailbox.  I said, "oh! a party!"  Jesse said, "how do you know your parents didn't have a yard sale."  Unlikely, I tell you.  After that, the surprise became seeing who would show up.  It was the perfect evening.  Exactly what I would have planned for myself.

Enjoying the Constantine family drink - Whiskey Sours


Holly, Mike, Jesse, and me


Good friends Danielle and Leigh


Another surprise!  My cousin Claire and her hubby Scott came up from NYC.  Here I am checking out her cute baby bump!  


The dinner spread with three delicious cakes in the background.  We are still enjoying one of the cakes at work.


Elliott spent most of the night asleep and before that in the loving arms of Ann.  He came out to the party for a few minutes but was startled by all the noise and commotion.  


My wonderful mom and sister.


Thank you to everyone for making my birthday so special!!!  I had a wonderful time!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment