Thursday, March 14, 2013

First Warmer Temps

Sometimes I post to this blog frequently.  Other times I go days and days between posts.  When there is a long gap, it is usually that I haven't had my camera nearby or we haven't had many photo opportunities.  In this case, I have so many good pictures that I haven't had the time to sit down and compile the posts.  I'll keep it brief . . .

Last weekend was finally warm enough to have good, outdoor play time.  This winter has flip-flopped between frigid temps and rain, leaving us confined to the indoors much of the time.  Elliott loves to go "side," as he calls outside.  On last Saturday, we had a trying day.  Elliott refused to nap.  I tried for over an hour at home and then drove to my parents' house, hoping he would fall asleep in the car.  No such luck.  He was happy as a clam.  I was a frustrated mess.  By the time we got there (after a few laps of the countryside), it was too late to start to nap.  So, my mom and I put on coats and headed outside.  It was beautiful light and I captured some great facial expressions.

Elliott in the herb beds.



Woah!  Snow and new (hand-me-down from Ned) boots.


OH!  


I was talking with some friends today about Elliott's expressive eyebrows.


Hmmmm, snow.


Sporting the one-pant-leg-in, one-pant-leg-out look.


We went around front and Elliott wanted to shovel.


But he had to travel to find some snow.  This shot is mid-fall to the bum.


When we finally went inside, the muddy pants had to come straight off.  Here, he is looking for Coco to help him take his mitten off.


Saying "hi" from the stairs.  He loves climbing the stairs in Elma.


Naked playtime with Coco.  On a white couch . . . brave?


Special time with Poppy.  You can catch a glimpse of one of Elliott's favorite items in Elma these days - a short Dasani water bottle.  He has an extreme affinity for this little bottle.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment