Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter Eggs

We had a wonderful day at home last Saturday. It was just the kids and me in the morning and then Holly, Ned, and Penny came out for an afternoon of fun.

Pre-shower snuggles. There is a series of similar naked-bum pictures of my siblings and me.


While Lucy napped, Elliott and I baked, did dishes, and washed the shower toys. (PSA: wash your bath/shower toys. They get gross!!)


Elliott was pumped to do some scrubbing.


I mentioned last week how Elliott has been pushing the limits outside. He hit a new limit on Saturday. Most of you know the story of Jesse's truck being stolen and involved in a police shootout while we lived in DC. But did you know that that very truck lives at our house in hopes of being married to a 1972 Ford to make one happy, smooth truck? For now, it's a really classy lawn ornament. And apparently a not-so-safe play place for Elliott. I still don't know how he managed to get inside.


This was awesome. Ned was riding the tricycle down our driveway and Elliott was pushing him back up. Totally something an older cousin would convince a younger cousin to do.


The boys were FILTHY so they went right into the shower.


After getting cleaned and fed, we squeezed in a brief egg dying session before bedtime. Being Coco's daughter and Ted's sister, we had an Abino Mills style assortment of egg dying vessels.


Watching in wonder.


It's getting harder and harder to get my subjects to look at the camera.


Holly corralled this event and did a great job. Check out her two-tone egg!


We were all intrigued by the little bubbles on the eggs.


Ned was very proud of his two-tone egg.


Hello, Mike Ortman, Jr.


Little Penny sat in her seat and participated from afar as we loaded her up with watermelon.


Getting all the kids ready for bed is always amusing (and/or frustrating).


Ned held Lucy for me while I looked for something in Holly's car. I love the cousin love among this group.


No comments:

Post a Comment