Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baby Update

We interrupt the Maine posts to bring you a baby update. Today marked the 36th week of my pregnancy. According to the app on my phone, the baby is the size of an 18.75" crenshaw melon. I had to google that as I've never heard of such a thing. I had an ultrasound today to determine size and position of the baby. Good news! Baby is head down and measuring spot on with my due date. They estimate the weight now at 6 lb 3 oz. Babies tend to gain about a half a pound a week at the end of pregnancy. That would put full term weight at 8 lb 3 oz. Elliott weighed 8 lb 6 oz so it is right in the same neighborhood. 

So, everything looks good in the land of the fetus! I would post a picture but little baby kept his/her hand right in front of his/her face the entire time, preventing any good shots. Just a few more weeks and we will get to see this little person in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment