Sunday, August 25, 2013

Maine - Part 3

It has been a few days since I last posted - Elliott and I had a couple of busy days and then we joyously welcomed Jesse home on Friday night. I wish I could have captured the excitement and smiles when Elliott, in his PJs, went running up to Jesse at the arrivals area of the airport. I opted to keep him up past his bedtime to go to the airport and it was totally worth it to see how happy we all were. Welcome home, Jesse!

 Here we go with more pictures from Maine.

Looking out at the water with Sue.



Elliott and I had some one-on-one time one early evening with the "adults" (I am still a kid in my head) went to a lecture in town. Elliott and I went down to the beach, this time at high tide. He liked to throw rocks in the "naner" (water).


For those of you who can't get enough of Elliott, here is a video of throwing rocks. I'm impressed by his coordination, seeing that watching me throw rocks is often comical.


Oh, how I love this little boy. These days, I ask him, "are you a big boy?" He responds with, "no, little boy." And I melt every time.


After dinner that night, Elliott was playing with my iPad. I took a video mostly to show Jesse but thought some of you might be interested also. He was very excited to see pictures of himself and learn how to go between the home screen and the photo program.


The next day, we walked down to the town beach, a half mile or so from Taz and Sue's house. Elliott was excited to get in his carrier and "ride the Coco." We found the terminology quite amusing.


The carrier was more comfortable for Poppy so we switched to "ride the Poppy." Elliott and Poppy practiced counting.


On the way to the beach, we found the motherlode of blackberry bushes. More on those later.


Elliott was excited to get down and run around (and nearly give Coco and Poppy heart attacks while they worried about him falling).


Cheeks!


Cool man,


I love the juxtaposition of his softness and the jagged rocks.


A budding geologist.


Remember these big rocks when you look at the next post. This was at low tide.


Loving the highwater pants.


Putting shells in Poppy's pocket to take home.


My A+ support network, looking good in matching outfits.


My dad and me :) We tried to get some cute shots with Elliott but he was squirming so much that they all look like torture shots.


Reading "Cars and Trucks and Go" with Taz.
 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment