Friday, September 20, 2013

Lucy Holloway Doren

Lucy Holloway Doren
A beautiful little girl joined our family at 4:35 pm on September 17, 2013. She is exactly two years, one day, and 20 minutes younger than her big brother, Elliott. Throughout my pregnancy, I only wished that the two did not share the same birthday and she waiting it out just long enough for that to be true. I'll write up my birth story another time but here are some pictures from the minutes and hours immediately following her arrival.

Clasped little hands.



Here we are getting to know our little girl. The nurses and doctors were great and let me keep her on me for about an hour and a half before they did her stats and such.


Meeting Aunt Hol.


We missed the shot with the weight actually showing but she weighed in at 8 pounds, 2.6 ounces and measured 20 inches in length.


Proud Daddy.


Lucy (still nameless here, actually) looking up at Jesse.


Meeting Coco.


Elliott came to the hospital with my Dad so he could meet his baby sister. Jesse said he was saying "Baby Sister" for the whole walk from the lobby to my delivery room.

We got some snuggles before he met Lucy.

 
 He was thrilled to meet her and full of smiles.


As Grandma said, he looks like he's opened a new present here.


But, Elliott is still a two-year-old boy and wanted to jump on Lucy and me.


He looked like he had hit the jackpot when he spotted the birthing ball in the closet.


After our first round of visitors left, we had some quiet time to work on names. We had a boy name selected but were still discussing girls names on the drive to the hospital! Lucinda is an old family name on my side. We selected Lucy from Lucinda. We both really like strong family middle names. My middle name was Wallace. Jesse's is McLean. Elliott's is Stafford. We picked Holloway because it has three pieces of significance to us - it is a strong family name from my mother's side, the Holloways established the community where our Canada house is and built that house, and, of course, it is Holly's first name. That is how she came to be Lucy Holloway Doren.

Beautiful Lucy, sleeping peacefully.


3/4 of our family (3/5 if you count Dutch).


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Emily! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN! legs spread nicely but no pu--y showing!

    ReplyDelete