Thursday, May 29, 2014

Friends, Mother's Day, and Standing Up

We have been trying to schedule a playdate with Danielle & Emma, Rachel & Elisa, and Tiffany & Colden for months. We finally made it happen a few weeks ago. Hopefully the next one is soon because all the kids had a great time!

Elliott loved Colden's awesome playroom. He made himself at home in this vintage desk.


Lucy and Rachel got to snuggle. It was warm enough that day for Lucy to sport her new denim romper. Baby girl clothes are the cutest! Especially on her butter-soft skin and chubby thighs.


Look who is all proud of herself!


Mama! I stood up all by myself! 5/10/14.
Here is Elliott standing around the same age.


I went to a painting class with some girlfriends for my birthday. Before . . . 


And after. To be determined whether this lives in the house of hidden in the basement. I have never been the artistic type but I loved doing this class, in large part because my awesome friend Vanessa owns the shop and taught the class.


Sadly, both kids got sick that weekend. Mother's Day brunch went on without us. We stayed home to manage fevers and give Elliott nebulizer treatments. So, for Mother's Day, I mothered.


A bonus of being able to stand up is being able to crawl into the laundry basket.


Sink bath!


My Mother's Day treat to myself was sitting outside with a magazine while the kids napped. It lasted about twenty minutes until one of them woke up.


They really play with each other now. It warms my heart. 


She moved on from emptying the laundry basket to emptying the paper recycling box.


Wegmans drivers.


Lucy likes playing with the ears on the cow Elliott got from Coco and Poppy for his first birthday.


Poppy watched the kids one afternoon and surprised Elliott with a new T-Rex. A few hours later, they had lost T-Rex. I spotted him the next day in the flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment